Beauty Haul

 As is usual in shopping in the makeup aisle, I went in for one thing and came out with more than I had planned for. All I needed was mascara, so I got the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara. I'm curious about how it will perform with the brush in such a strange shape. 



 I remembered that I ran out of cream eyeliner since the one I had purchased from Smashbox had dried out. I missed being able to do cat's eye liner, so I got a potted cream eyeliner from E.L.F. I've never tried a pot eyeliner, so I'm curious about how long it will take for this to dry out or how pigmented it will be since I have to apply it with a brush. 


 I also picked up two brushes since they are much less expensive at my grocery store than at Sigma or even Morphe. I prefer the quality of those brushes, but I decided to give these a shot. One is the Ultimate Blending brush from E.L.F. and the other is a contour brush from Wet n' Wild

 
 The E.L.F. brush is a face brush that looks similar to the foundation brushes from Morphe. The only thing is that this brush claims to be densely packed in the description on the package, but when I touch it, the bristles move very easily. I'll have to see how this brush blends my foundation once I'm using it. 

 The Wet n' Wild brush is in very cute colors and is completely different from any other brush I have. I just have to laugh at parts of the description; while being a vegan brush is nice, it also claims to be gluten-free. I'm not sure if that's a usual problem in makeup brushes, so anyone who has an allergy to gluten should enlighten me on whether this is a great selling point on a makeup brush. 

 I hope you enjoyed this small haul! Let me know if you've seen anything new from the drugstore. I'm always looking for new things to try in the makeup aisle to see if it compares to anything higher end. 

 Have a good week!

*All opinions are my own, not sponsored*

Comments

Popular Posts