Losing Someone Dear

This week I wanted to write something a little different. I've lost people in my family before but now I've lost someone very close to me. My grandmother passed away on December 20th. It was both during the busiest time at my job and during Christmas time. I'm still emotional from it happening, but since my interest in fashion came primarily from her influence, I wanted to share something about her here. I felt writing anything else this week would be out of place.

She was very close to me through my life. She lived with my parents when I was very young and at that time I remember her job of managing a Merle Norman makeup store. She also shared stories of when she managed a shoe store, which is why when I got my job in a department store in the shoe department, she felt that it was appropriate.

I lived with her off and on for the rest of my life, that main portion I remember was when I was 12 to 15 years old. I was homeschooled at the time, so she took me to work with her on a daily basis, which was at an office for a small business. We spent much time together and had good times going to work and to lunch everyday. We also took many trips across Texas to visit her family, especially her sister. I had many trips with the two of them as well and had much fun.

I am going to miss her terribly and am only knowing just how much since attending her funeral service and since the day that I heard of her passing. I also wish that I was closer to her towards the end of her life. I visited her a couple times and we had a good conversation at the last, though.

The only thing I can say after this experience is to take care of yourself and to talk often to those you love. People can leave very suddenly and can be gone before you know it.

Comments

Popular Posts