Movies for Getting Into the Holiday Spirit

It is sometimes difficult to get into the holiday mood, I understand this feeling well since I work in retail, which means that Christmas begins in the middle of October. By the time Christmas actually comes, I am beyond over it. First, to help myself get into the holiday spirit, I keep myself away from Christmas themes in my personal time until after Thanksgiving. I keep my Thanksgiving traditions intact, and then after Thanksgiving is over I ease into Christmas by listening to my own Christmas music playlist, decorating my space, shopping for gifts, and watching Christmas movies. With that, here is my list of movies for when I want to get into that Christmas mood.


  • Classic "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - This movie can always take me to Christmas time since the sounds of it remind me of being seven years old, sitting by the lit Christmas tree with a mug of cocoa and watching the movie. It came on every year in my childhood and I didn't watch it much in my teenage years when we had no cable. Because of that, watching it now takes me back to those childhood years. 
  • "The Santa Clause" - This is a classic to me since I was a child in the 90's. This captures the atmosphere of the times very well. I also watched it fairly often as a kid, even if I didn't understand everything that was going on. 
  • "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" - This is likely on the list because of all those Christmas movie marathons of Harry Potter on the channel formerly known as ABC Family (now Freeform). Despite the fact that the Christmas and winter scenes are brief, they still help to make me want to receive a Weasley Christmas sweater and sit in front of a roaring Hogwarts fireplace. 

Comments

Popular Posts